Minimum order quantity on this product is 5 packs (25 sheets)
Simpson Strong-Tie Expanded Metal Lath Sheet is ideal for use as a general reinforcement mesh. DML Expanded Metal Lath is widely used as a backing to help prevent cracks occurring where different materials meet.
- All metal components used in any particular application must be of the same material type.
- Fix with the mesh length running across the supports (at max 350 mm centres) with strand sloping downwards and away from the face of the coating.
- Timber: Using 7mm headed plasterer’s nails 38 mm long, or 32 x 2 mm staples, fix to each support starting from the centre of sheet.
- Angle fixings away from the centre to give the lath the necessary tension.
- Steel: Bend 1.2 mm tying wire into long “U”shapes and tie lath at 100mm centres by pulling tight and twisting. When cutting wire ends, ensure that they are not left near the surface of the plaster.
- Sheet ends should be overlapped by 50 mm on supports and wired together at 150 mm centres.
- Sheet sides should be overlapped by a minimum of 25 mm and wired together at 150 mm centres in timber and steel applications.