The Sabrefix wall starter kit feature a twist, lock and slide wall tie, designed to fix single skin masonry up to 2.4 metres high.
- 2 x 1.2mtr interlocking lengths of Stainless steel wall connector channel.
Applications & Design Features of Sabrefix Wall Starter Kit:
For all internal & external applications from 60mm to 250mm wide and up to 3 strories high
- Featuring the twist, lock and slide wall tie.
- Wall Starter Kit contains all the necessary fixings for a single skin of masonry up to 2.4mtr (8 feet) high.2 x 1.2mtr interlocking lengths of Stainless steel wall connector channel.8 x wall starter kit ties, 5 x stainless steel coach screws, washers and wall plugs.
Installation Requirements of Sabrefix Wall Starter Kit:
- Prepare existing wall by removing any rendered or pebble dashed finishing to ensure the wall starter has direct contact with existing masonry.
- Offer the lower section of the wall starter channel to the existing wall at the centre point of the new masonry.
- Plumb the lower connector channel marking the position of the fixing holes, these should be equally spaced avoiding mortar joints.
- Drill and plug existing masonry using a 10mm masonry drill.
- Lightly clamp lower section at the 2 lower fixing points using the coach screws and washers provided.
- Slot the upper section of wall starter channel into the lower section so that both end fixing slots overlap.
- Drill and plug remaining fixing points into existing masonry using a 10mm masonry drill.
- Lightly clamp upper section at the 2 upper and overlap fixing points using the coach screws and washers provided.
- Align both connectors and tighten all coach screws (do not over tighten).
- Lay brick or block work for the new wall in the conventional way leaving a full vertical mortar joint between the new and old walls.
- Install wall starter ties into the wall starter channel by twisting and sliding into position at 300mm centres The ties should be completely surrounded with mortar.
- In cavity wall construction each leaf requires a wall starter kit.
- For external walls proceed as per fixing instructions, but ensure the bottom edge of the wall starter channel is above the damp proof course.
- The vertical joint between old and new walls must be weather sealed.
Stainless Steel Profiles and Ties - 0.7mm stainless steel Coach Screws - M6 x 50mm stainless steel. Masonry Plugs - High density polythene.