FIRE SEALANT 300 is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No.181967 (May 2009) The product, in suitably designed joints will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
- Tested to BS EN 1366-4 : 2006 When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x it's original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours.
- No priming required for most construction substrates.
- Joint movement capability of +>- 12.5%. For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
- Halogen free.
- Non slump ? easy to apply and tool off.
- Fast cure ? tack free in 15 minutes.
- Over paintable.
- Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening ?average noise reduction of 38db(100-3150Hz).
Recommend For: Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.