Firefoam B1 Gun Grade is a quick setting one part polyurethane foam with fire retardant properties. The foam expands on application to up to 50 times its original volume and meets the extremely stringent requirements of DIN 4102 Part 1 for Construction Materials; Class B and BS476 Part 20 (1987) where fire ratings up to 4 hours are achievable. Copies of the independent test certificates are available on request. Warrington fire report number 160899 and 151680(for use with stud partition walls and cables). Once cured, the foam can be cut, sawn or plastered over after only one hour providing the working temperatures (can and surfaces) are between +5 to +25oC, ideally 20oC.
- High degree of fire rating: slows down the passage of flames and smoke.
- Quick setting - can be cut, sawn or plastered in 1 hour.
- Economical in use - expands up to 50 times its original volume.
- Fills irregular and broad gaps where most conventional fillers would fail.
- Possesses insulating and sound deadening properties.
Areas for Use Filling
- Gaps around pipe entries through fire rated walls To provide a fire rated seal around window and door frames
- Electrical wire chasing prior to plastering, where a fire rating is required. deep joints prior to applying sealant or plaster irregular gaps in stone, brick, concrete or plaster
Fixing door frames timber structures Windowsills and thresholds. Window frames
Insulating Behind cladding to exterior walls. behind soffit and barge boards In automotive applications.
When used as part of a fire rated joint, use in conjunction with EVERFLEX FIREMATE intumescent sealant for MAXimum fire rating.