Simpson Strong-Tie Heavy Engineered Restraint Straps 1500mm (10pk)
A direct replacement for traditional 2.5mm and 5mm thick restraint straps, the innovative design of these lightweight straps allows ease of handling and installation whilst maintaining the structural strength and robustness of much heavier weight types.
The HES (heavy engineered strap) & LES (light engineered strap) replace traditional heavy and light restraint straps in roof and floor construction. Reducing the thickness to 1.5mm allows the HES strap to span over the top of floor joists and the bottom chords of trusses without the need for notching.
HES straps are less than 40% of the weight, quicker to fit, and overcome many fixing problems associated with traditional heavy straps. The LES is designed for vertical applications e.g. holding down wall plates.
- CE Marked.
- 1.5mm thick.
- Formed edge design gives additional strength on bend.
- Complies with BS EN 845-1.
- Quicker to install – can fit over top of floor joists and truss bottom chords.
- Easier to course with blockwork.
- No need to notch joists.
- Pre-galvanised mild steel.
- Building Regulations requires lateral restraint to be provided at each floor at a maximum of 2 metre centres.
- Restraint straps “perpendicular” to the floor joists are required to be held tight against the masonry and fixed across the first 3 joists.
- Restraint straps “parallel” to the floor joists are required to be held tight to the masonry and be at least 1200mm long.
- The characteristic tensile strength for horizontal restraint straps should not be less than 8kN.
Simpson Strong TieWhen it comes to builders metalwork, Simpson Strong Tie are ahead of the game and pride themselves on manufacturing the very best for safer structures, including Joist Hangers, Restraint Straps, Wall Ties and more. Simpson Strong Tie is a popular choice amongst those within the construction industry and many DIY professionals. Simpson Strong Tie produce metalwork that is lightweight yet heavy duty, making them one of the most trusted names within the building trade, providing innovative solutions for building repair and maintenance. At BC Profiles, we’re proud to be official stockists of the brand who has worked hard to make traditional building methods easier. All of the joist hangers and wall ties in the Simpson Strong Tie range have been designed by their own in-house team and tested to ensure they fully meet the requirements of the Construction Products Regulations. With industry leading technical expertise, these joint hangers and wall ties are an essential purchase for any building project. Our current range of Simpson Strong Tie products includes heavy duty restraint straps, joist hangers, stainless steel wall ties and a wall tie starter kit.