Simpson Strong-Tie Expanded Metal Lath Sheet Stainless Steel 700 x 2500mm (10pk)
Simpson Strong-Tie Expanded Metal Lath Sheet is ideal for use as a general reinforcement mesh. DML Expanded Metal Lath is widely used as a backing to help prevent cracks occurring where different materials meet.
- All metal components used in any particular application must be of the same material type.
- Fix with the mesh length running across the supports (at max 350 mm centres) with strand sloping downwards and away from the face of the coating.
- Timber: Using 7mm headed plasterer’s nails 38 mm long, or 32 x 2 mm staples, fix to each support starting from the centre of sheet.
- Angle fixings away from the centre to give the lath the necessary tension.
- Steel: Bend 1.2 mm tying wire into long “U”shapes and tie lath at 100mm centres by pulling tight and twisting. When cutting wire ends, ensure that they are not left near the surface of the plaster.
- Sheet ends should be overlapped by 50 mm on supports and wired together at 150 mm centres.
- Sheet sides should be overlapped by a minimum of 25 mm and wired together at 150 mm centres in timber and steel applications.
Simpson Strong TieWhen it comes to builders metalwork, Simpson Strong Tie are ahead of the game and pride themselves on manufacturing the very best for safer structures, including Joist Hangers, Restraint Straps, Wall Ties and more. Simpson Strong Tie is a popular choice amongst those within the construction industry and many DIY professionals. Simpson Strong Tie produce metalwork that is lightweight yet heavy duty, making them one of the most trusted names within the building trade, providing innovative solutions for building repair and maintenance. At BC Profiles, we’re proud to be official stockists of the brand who has worked hard to make traditional building methods easier. All of the joist hangers and wall ties in the Simpson Strong Tie range have been designed by their own in-house team and tested to ensure they fully meet the requirements of the Construction Products Regulations. With industry leading technical expertise, these joint hangers and wall ties are an essential purchase for any building project. Our current range of Simpson Strong Tie products includes heavy duty restraint straps, joist hangers, stainless steel wall ties and a wall tie starter kit.