Sika Sikaflex 221 Sealant 300ml – Grey
Sikaflex -221 is a high-quality multi-purpose non-sag 1-C polyurethane sealant that cures on exposure to atmospheric humidity to form a durable elastomer. For US: Meets ASTM C920 and Federal Specifications TT-S00230C. Sikaflex -221 is manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 > 14001, quality assurance system and with the responsible care program.
- 1-C formulation- Elastic
- Low odour
- Resistant to ageing
- Can be overpainted
- Can be sanded
- Bonds well to a wide variety of substrates
- NSF-approved for incidental food contact.
Areas of Application
- Sikaflex -221 bonds well to a wide variety of substrates and is suitable for making permanent elastic seals of high adhesive strength.
- Suitable substrate materials are metals, metal primers and paint coatings (2-C systems), ceramic materialsand plastics.
- Seek manufacturer’s advice before using on transparent and pigmented materials that are prone to stress cracking.
- This product is suitable for experienced professional users only.
- Test with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.
Sika WaterproofingWhen it comes to admixtures and concrete additives there’s only really one name that springs to mind, Sika. With an impressive product range and a clear passion for what they do, it’s no surprise they are market leaders across the world. From landscaping to waterproofing, Sika have got it covered....literally. Founded in 1910 by Kaspar Winkler, Sika produced agents for cleaning and protecting granite and also waterproofing, of which, Sika-1 is still sold today. In 1918 the Swiss Federal Railways ran successful trials using Sika to waterproof tunnels which became essential so that electric trains could be used. They went onto waterproof a further 67 tunnels during the following years, and by 1935 Sika had a presence in Europe, South America and in Asia. Fast forward to more recent times, Sika celebrated 100 years trading in 2010 and then acquired the successful UK brand Everbuild in 2013, putting them firmly on the map when it comes to the construction industry. With an extensive product range and a worldwide presence in over 100 countries, you can be sure Sika products are head and shoulders above the competition, giving you peace of mind that the products you are buying are of the highest standard.