Sika Setting Sand 20kg – Buff
Out of stock
Sika Setting Sand is a moisture-curing jointing compound for narrow joints. Faster than traditional methods, it can be simply poured or swept into joints before being saturated with water giving perfect pointing for all types of block paving.
Benefits of Sika Setting Sand:
- Suitable for joint widths of 2-5mm
- Once cured it will not wash out, shrink or crack over time
- Resists weeds and insects
- Suitable for all types of block paving
- Weathers naturally in line with the paving
- Suitable for footpaths, outdoor patio areas, indoor stone floor areas, pedestrian areas, driveways and more
Usage For Sika Setting Sand:
- Outdoor patio areas.
- Sand for brick weave
- Indoor stone floor areas.
- Pedestrian areas.
- Do not use on joints smaller than 2 mm wide.
- Joints that taper to a width less than 2 mm could result in failure.
- Joint depth must be a minimum of 25 mm Read all instructions carefully before use.
- Do not apply when rain is imminent or when temperature is 5°C or below.
- The jointing should not be cleaned by use of high pressure washers until cured for at least 28 days.
- The distance between nozzles and jointing must be at least 10 cm.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
As the company cannot be aware of all the applications and materials the product may be used on, it is the user’s responsibility to determine suitability for use. Sika Setting Sand is unsuitable for long term use under water immersion although it will withstand typical wet>dry cycles. Ensure paved areas, beds and joints are well drained, ideally from beneath- to avoid standing water in joints over long periods.
Sika WaterproofingWhen it comes to admixtures and concrete additives there’s only really one name that springs to mind, Sika. With an impressive product range and a clear passion for what they do, it’s no surprise they are market leaders across the world. From landscaping to waterproofing, Sika have got it covered....literally. Founded in 1910 by Kaspar Winkler, Sika produced agents for cleaning and protecting granite and also waterproofing, of which, Sika-1 is still sold today. In 1918 the Swiss Federal Railways ran successful trials using Sika to waterproof tunnels which became essential so that electric trains could be used. They went onto waterproof a further 67 tunnels during the following years, and by 1935 Sika had a presence in Europe, South America and in Asia. Fast forward to more recent times, Sika celebrated 100 years trading in 2010 and then acquired the successful UK brand Everbuild in 2013, putting them firmly on the map when it comes to the construction industry. With an extensive product range and a worldwide presence in over 100 countries, you can be sure Sika products are head and shoulders above the competition, giving you peace of mind that the products you are buying are of the highest standard.