Everbuild Febtank Super Waterproof Coating For Concrete And Masonry 25kg – White
Out of stock
FEBTANK SUPER, when mixed with clean water, forms an extremely durable waterproof coating for concrete and masonry which is easily applied by a stiff hand brush, broom or spray. Available in grey or white. Both products may both be covered with a decorative finish or left uncovered.
Typical Uses Waterproofing of: Basements. Foundations. Water reservoirs. Tunnels. Floors and walls in shower and bathroom areas prior to the application of a decorative finish.
Features and Benefits
- Resists positive and negative water pressure.
- Suitable for interior and exterior use, above and below ground level.
- Water vapour permeable.
- High bond strength, becomes integral part of the substrate.
- To be mixed with water only.
- Can be brush or spray applied.
- Is applied onto a damp substrate.
- Equipment to be cleaned simply with water.
- Solvent free.
Instructions for Use
- Substrate Preparation
- The surface to be coated must be clean and sound.
- Remove all traces of formwork, release agents, previous coatings, laitance and any contaminants that may effect the bond adversely.
- Suitable cleaning methods include high-pressure water treatment and abrasive blasting.
- Chemical cleaning treatments or aggressive percussive methods such as scabbling are NOT recommended.
- After the above treatment, surfaces must be thoroughly washed with clean potable water to remove all dust and loose particles.
- Cracks and bolt holes must be cut out and filled solid with FEB WATERPLUG prior to the application of FEBTANK SUPER.
- Basements in areas containing high levels of soil or ground water sulphates may require a pre-treatment render.
- MixingMixing should only be done by hand or via slow speed drill>paddle (400-600rpm).
- Gradually add powder to water whilst mixing at a rate of 25kg powder to 5ltrs water to achieve a thick creamy lump free constancy.
- Leave to stand for 10mins prior to applying.
- Remix and add a very small amount of water if required to restore original consistency.
- Never use more than 5.4ltrs of total water.
- Mixed material must always be used within 30 minutes, or less under hot weather conditions.
- Do not apply FEBTANK SUPER to frozen substrates or if the ambient temperature is below 5°C or expected to fall below 5°C within 24 hours.
- Avoid application in direct sunlight.
- Always apply the mix to a pre-dampened surface.
- FEBTANK SUPER is a minimum two coat application system.
- Always dampen surfaces to aid adhesion.
- Remove all free standing water prior to application.
- Apply by stiff brush or broom or with traditional mortar spraying equipment.
- The actual thickness per coat must be between 1.0 and 2.0mm.
- Normal application rate is 3kg>m² for an overall two coat application.
- Increase to 6kg>m² for areas of excessive water pressure.
Applying the first coat:
- Brush or broom the mix firmly onto the pre-dampened, prepared surface.
- After completing 2 or 3m² finish with the brush or broom in one direction for aesthetic purposes.
- Care must be taken not to spread the material too thinly.
- When the material begins to drag or “ball”, do not add more water, but dampen the surface again.
Applying the second coat:
- Allow at least overnight to cure before applying subsequent coats.
- Ensure first coat is firm to touch.
- Dampen the first coat and remove excess moisture.
- Apply the second coat at right angles to the first coat to ensure good covering.
NOTE: If FEBTANK SUPER is used in closed, poorly ventilated rooms, condensation may occur on the first coat. This condensation must be removed from the surface. FEBTANK SUPER can be spray applied but should always be brushed home well into the substrate to ensure proper adhesion. To improve the aesthetic appearance a third additional layer can be applied by spray, and then sponge finished, to give a uniform surface.
EverbuildFrom adhesives and wipes, to expanding foam, wood treatments and bonding, Everbuild have got it covered. Everbuild are a UK based company with a worldwide presence and one of the most trusted names within the builders merchants and DIY sector. It all began back in 1994 when self confessed DIY enthusiast, David Seymour, founded Everbuild. With innovative manufacturing and the ability to adapt to market needs, Everbuild quickly established a strong position and became market leaders. Over the years, Everbuild grew quickly and their products became industry favourites, stixall, wonder wipes and forever white to name but a few. More recently, in 2013, Everbuild was acquired by Sika and a new partnership was born, Everbuild - A Sika Company. This collaboration enables Everbuild to grow their business and Sika to strengthen their UK presence, giving customers even more products to choose from. Exciting times ahead. As the UK and Ireland's largest manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, fillers and building supplies, Everbuild continue to dominate the market with an outstanding product range. They have a passion for what they do and strongly believe that users will only come back if a product is good, so that's all they make! With sheer commitment and ultimate dedication to the industry, Everbuild now serve over 70 countries so you can be sure you are making the right choice with Everbuild.