Permaroof Water Based Deck Adhesive 10 Litre
We often have customers ask what the difference is between Bonding adhesive and Waterbased / Deck Adhesive. Bonding adhesive is a much stronger adhesive which is used for bonding to most materials as well as wood and used around the edges of the EPDM, on any up-stands, bonding to brickwork etc where an effective and quick hold is required to keep the EPDM in place. Bonding adhesive is applied to both the EPDM and the surface.
Deck Adhesive / Waterbased Adhesive is more suited to wood and ply adhesion on the main area of the deck. The reasons why Waterbased / Deck is often used is because it is easy to lay, you can lay the EPDM straight onto it while it is still wet and it is also possible to correct mistakes shortly after the EPDM has been laid down up to 2-3 times if you find there is unwanted debris underneath due to it taking slightly longer than bonding to dry
Areas For Use
- This adhesive should be used on flat timber surfaces, not suitable for brickwork.
- Apply even coat to timber deck using a 9″ emulsion roller.
- Mate the two surfaces and follow with a brooming over the membrane to ensure proper bonding.
- Avoid globules and puddles allow to tack off before mating. For best results apply Permaroof Deck Adhesive to smooth, dry timber surface.
- Use only when temperatures will not fall below freezing at any time 24 hours after mating with EPDM.