Everbuild Fire Mate Intumescent Acrylic Sealant 295ml - White
EVERBUILD® Fire Mate® is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent Acoustic sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. The product, in suitably designed joints, will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
▪ Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
▪ For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
▪ When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 150% of its original size, creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours.
▪ No priming required for most construction substrates.
▪ Permanently flexible with more than 100% elongation to ISO8339.
▪ For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
▪ Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening - Average noise reduction of 24db (100-3150Hz).
▪ Non slump - easy to apply and tool off.
▪ Fast cure - tack free in 15 minutes.